Stay Younger and Live Longer - Super Foods for Anti-Aging! Anti-aging is often confused with…
You have the sniffles, your body seems to ache all the time, your blood pressure is up, you can’t take those extra pounds off. You experience nausea when traveling or when pregnant, you have constant headaches, you feel anxious, and a list of other possible ailments. What are your options?
You could go down to your local pharmacy and the options seem endless of drug and drug companies promising you that their product will take care of each of your problems. Perhaps you could go to your traditional doctor and they write out a prescription for each one of your ailments and you go home with a bag full of chemically induced drugs, again each one promising that they will be the answer to all of your problems. Now you have picked up an article that suggests you can have complete wellness without drugs and your interest is peaked. What are they speaking of and how does one achieve such “wholeness”? The answer can be as simple as living a natural lifestyle.
What Is Natural Living?
This is not a new concept by any means. Once upon a time our ancestors did this by using what Mother Nature provides to maintain wellness and cure the common ailments that inflict our lives. There is a whole other healthcare culture out there that is getting a lot more attention as we learn that the toxins that we have been taking are not just taking away the symptoms but are leaving a trail of chemicals that are building in our body causing a different set of problems.
Natural living and alternative health therapies are comprised of a variety of theories. Some are dated back centuries and others have been developed in the past century. Still others have been newly developed using the old theories as a model. Each one focuses on a certain area but they have a common thread of complete wellness. Health is not just the absence of disease and illness but the wholeness of your body, mind, soul, and life. All of these aspects should be in balance providing you with a happy and full life.
What Are Your Options?
If one were to list all of the forms of natural theories and remedies, they would have a giant book full. A few options may include:
- Herbal medicine – This is the practice of using herbs to heal or to maintain wellness.
- Naturopathic Medicine – The theory that health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, not just the avoidance of disease or illness
- Massage Therapy – Harnessing the power of touch so that the body is able to heal
- Holistic Medicine – This theory comes from Aristotle when he stated that “The whole is more than the sum of its parts”. This means that the body and all its parts work together so should be accessed together and healed together
- Meditation – Going beyond the thinking mind to a greater state of awareness and relaxation to obtain greater focus, creativity, or self-awareness in the interest of balance and healing
- Chiropractic medicine – This focuses on the musculoskeletal system of the body. The believers of this form of alternative medicine believe that when physically adjusted, the body will be aligned and the positive energy will be released to promote healing
- Yoga – A form of alternative therapy that involves the exercise of the body and mind through breathing and stretching techniques
Which Remedy Is Right For You?
This answer can come from you. It is best to sit quietly and access your life. What are the things that feel good and what are the areas that may need help. If you are simply suffering from a lack of energy and desire, then perhaps trying some yoga will be the answer to boost your levels. Some people who are on the higher end of the blood pressure scale can benefit by adding a garlic supplement to the regimen to help lower it. If you are a person who has a busy schedule and find yourself anxious, then checking out what meditation can offer will bring you that sense of calmness. If your list is quite extensive then visiting a homeopathic doctor would be in order. They will sit down and access every aspect of you and design a therapy plan that is just for you.
There are a lot of choices available and one may be enough in your life or perhaps you may try a variety and tailor your new lifestyle. Some forms of alternative medicine will interact nicely with your traditional medicine of choice. It is best to do your research and discuss options with a trained professional.