Vegetarian Cooking Article
Easy Vegetarian Cookingby HealthyBeaut.com
Easy vegetarian cooking is as simple as taking an individual's favorite recipes and substituting the necessary ingredients to make it easy vegetarian cooking. There are several ways to create easy vegetarian cooking. Individuals can choose what ever way is best for them to create easy vegetarian cooking. Listed here are two recipes for easy vegetarian cooking.
12 oz. vegetarian burger crumbles
1 packet taco seasoning
2 15.5-oz. cans enchilada sauce
18 corn tortillas
2 15.5-oz. cans pinto beans, drained
2 green onions, chopped
2 cups vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
1 4.5-oz. can diced green chilies
2 cups Fritos corn chips, finely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the burger crumbles and taco seasoning and set aside.
- Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with oil.
- In layers, spread a generous amount of enchilada sauce, 6 corn tortillas, 2 cans of pinto beans, a handful of green onion, a third of the shredded "cheese," half the can of green chilies, lots more enchilada sauce, 6 more tortillas, all the seasoned burger crumbles, another third of the "cheese," the remaining green chilies, more enchilada sauce, then the final 6 tortillas, more enchilada sauce, and the rest of the "cheese." Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top the entire casserole with the Fritos, and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
4 medium potatoes, diced
2 Tbsp. margarine
1/4 cup soy milk or liquid nondairy creamer
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
12 oz. faux ground beef-style crumbles
1 10.5-oz. can Campbells mushroom gravy (or 1 1/4 cups prepared vegetarian gravy of your choice)
1 6-oz. can mixed peas and carrots, drained
Salt, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne, to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the margarine and soy milk or nondairy creamer. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium pan, sauté the onion in the oil until translucent.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooked onions, faux beef crumbles, mushroom gravy, peas and carrots, and spices. Pour into a pie pan. Top the crumble mixture with the potatoes, spreading to the edges.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and the crumble mixture bubbles out the edges.