Featured Beauty Article
Beauty tips That Work For All Ages
If you're a woman, as you get older, you might think you have to change your beauty regimen to suit your changing skin. The truth is that there are a lot of classic looks and a lot of things you can do to maintain an easy makeup routine that doesn't have to take too much time or become annoying. Here are some great tips for women of all ages.
1. Choose sheer lipsticks. Now, there are a lot of people who say that you should avoid lipstick altogether, but that is simply not necessary. The trick is to apply it with a light hand and a sheer lipstick. Creamy lipsticks look heavy and if you are getting older, can call attention to the fine lines around the mouth. Stick to sheer sticks that gloss the lip slightly.
2. If you have fine lines and use powder foundation, avoid powdering the areas where the lines are concentrated. Powder tends to settle in fine lines, making them seem more pronounced. Women use powder for the matte finish, but there are some cream foundations to experiment with, that may give you the same matte kind of finish you like.
3. Be careful with blush. Every few years the rules for blush change. However, it is consistent that blush should be applied very lightly until you reach the perfect amount. Take care to be precise about where you are applying it, and you will look lovely without looking as if someone squeezed your cheeks too hard.
4. Use mascara on your top lashes only. As you get older, the skin around the eyes starts to behave strangely. It seems to get thinner and begins to crepe. To combat this, you need to make your eyes look beautiful with liner and mascara. However, mascara on the bottom and top lashes looks garish these days, and only contributes to an overdone look. Stick to top lids only.
5.Groom eyebrows well. So many women think that maintenance means plucking beyond what is necessary. You want to maintain your eyebrows, not decimate them! Think of all the women who have fuller eyebrows, such as Jennifer Connelly. Lush, well groomed eyebrows can look very healthy, while thin, over-plucked brows scream Tallulah Bankhead, which is probably not the look you want.
6. Take care of your health. So often, people forget about simple things like rest, water, and diet. But the truth is that your skin is an organ like your heart and your lungs, so you need to take care of it in just the same way. The skin in your face needs to be hydrated, nourished and rested in order to look its best.
These tips provide you with a strong foundation for looking good at any age. Just take the time to look after yourself, and you will start to see a dramatic improvement in both your inner and outer beauty. Use these tips to lay down the foundation for beauty that is there for your entire life.