Vegetarian Cooking Article
Vegetarian Cooking For Meat Eatersby HealthyBeaut.com
Vegetarian cooking for meat eaters is one way individuals can enjoy great vegetarian cooking. There are many different vegetarian cooking for meat eaters recipes to choose from. Individuals can choose their favorite vegetarian cooking for meat eaters recipes, or try a new vegetarian cooking for meat eaters recipe. Listed here are some great vegetarian cooking for meat eaters recipes.
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 cups Green Giant® Niblets® frozen whole kernel sweet corn
1 bag (1 lb) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
1 can (19 oz) Progresso® red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (15 oz) Progresso® chick peas, drained, rinsed
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
3 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. In 4 1/2- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chili is hot and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Olive oil cooking spray
2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges, separated into pieces
2 medium zucchini, sliced
1 package fresh whole mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1 can (28 oz) Progresso® tomato puree
3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In pan, place bell peppers, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in single layer. Spray vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
2. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, turning vegetables once, until tender.
3. Meanwhile, spray 2-quart saucepan with cooking spray. In saucepan, cook chopped onion and garlic over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Rinse noodles with cold water; drain. In small bowl, mix cheeses; set aside.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in dish; top with 3 noodles. Layer with 3/4 cup sauce, 1 1/4 cups vegetables and 1 cup cheese mixture. Repeat layers 3 more times with remaining noodles, sauce, vegetables and cheese mixture.
6. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until hot. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.