Vegetarian Cooking Article
Chinese Vegetarian Cookingby HealthyBeaut.com
Chinese vegetarian cooking is one way individuals can enjoy great vegetarian cooking. There are many different Chinese vegetarian cooking recipes to choose from. Individuals can choose their favorite Chinese vegetarian cooking recipes, or try a new Chinese vegetarian cooking recipe. Listed here are some great Chinese vegetarian cooking recipes for individuals to try. There are more recipes available than what is listed here.
Soba Noodles with Ginger Sauce
1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
1 package (8 oz) soba (buckwheat) noodles or uncooked vermicelli
1 cup Green Giant® frozen sweet peas (from 1-lb bag)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
1 clove garlic
1 cup shredded spinach leaves
1. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the egg product into skillet; rotate skillet to cover bottom. Cook about 1 minute or until egg product is set. Roll up cooked egg; remove from skillet and cool. Repeat with remaining egg product.
2. Cook noodles as directed on package, adding peas for last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
3. In large bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, gingerroot, pepper sauce and garlic clove until well blended. Finely shred egg rolls. Add shredded egg rolls, noodles, peas and spinach to mixture in bowl; stir gently until evenly coated.
Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
3/4 pound firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
4 cups hot cooked rice
Sunflower nuts, if desired
1. Mix 1/4 cup water, the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger and pineapple juice. Place tofu in small glass or plastic bowl. Pour juice mixture over tofu; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
2. Remove tofu from marinade; reserve marinade. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water.
3. Heat sesame oil in wok or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pineapple, tofu and bell pepper; gently stir-fry 2 minutes.
4. Stir cornstarch mixture into reserved marinade; pour into wok. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and cook 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with nuts.