Diet Supplements Article
Health Reports On Green Tea Diet Supplementsby HealthyBeaut.com
It seems like everywhere that you go or anytime you turn on the TV there is another series of health reports on green tea diet supplements and the benefits of daily consumption of green tea. The internet as well is full of links to various health reports on green tea diet supplements and the antioxidant properties of the beverage. To understand why green tea is becoming so popular a few facts about the plant are included below:
- In China green tea has been used in medicine for over 4000 years for everything from losing weight to curing headaches, and aiding in alleviating depression.
- In 1994 there was a large study done by the National Cancer Institute that found that Chinese men and women that drank green tea had 60% less chance of developing certain forms of cancer.
- University of Purdue found that green tea lowers bad cholesterol and raises the amount of good cholesterol in the body.
- Green tea contains catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is the free-radical killing agents in green tea.
- In 1999 the University of Switzerland published a report that men that took a supplement containing green tea and caffeine lost more weight than those that took just the caffeine supplement.
It is the weight loss aspects of green tea that have lead to the recent increase of health reports on green tea diet supplements. The supplements are able to concentrate the EGCG to make it much more practical to get significant amounts of the compound in daily diets. The antioxidant properties of green tea are well known, leading to an increase in energy levels and an overall improvement in health.
The health reports on green tea diet supplements are also starting to show that the ECGC compound and catechins in green tea is also key in regulating blood glucose levels, which will prevent those energy slumps and cravings between meals. With blood glucose regulated in the body the dieter's cravings for carbohydrate rich foods are often completely eliminated.
Finally, the addition benefit of green tea mentioned in many of the health reports on green tea diet supplements is the stimulant effect that it has on the metabolism. Although green tea does contain caffeine, it has a lot less than the caffeine in many other weight loss products, thereby eliminating the jiggerty and nervous sensations that many diet supplements have.
People that use green tea diet supplements also have the comfort of knowing that there are no known side-effects in consuming green tea, other than some insomnia if users are particularly sensitive to caffeine or consume the supplement right before going to bed.